17 September 2013

Happy Fluffy Mail

We've gotten lots of happy mail this week. I had an Amazon gift card that I received as a Mother's Day gift, and I made some money from a yard sale at the beginning of the month, so I indulged in a little online retail therapy. I ordered some boring necessities (a blender bottle for my protein shakes, and some baby items), Sanuk slip ons (seriously one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I've ever owned), and a Crimson Tide onesie for Minion.

That's not what I'm going to write about today. I'm not even going to write about the gorgeous Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag that I bought during the PPB clearance (which arrived today as well).

Tonight, while wishing that bedtime was imminent and trying to avoid eating chocolate, there was a knock at the door. The Husband answered the door, and said "it's UPS." I asked him if he ordered anything since the only thing I'm expecting is the 'Bama onesie for Minion, and it's not supposed to arrive for another 4 days. Plus, the box was pretty large for a single onesie.

The Husband opened the package and revealed...a yellow box:



That's right, tonight we received a Beco Soleil.

I won the Soleil during a giveaway that was hosted by The Baby Guy NYC this month. I have been eagerly awaiting this carrier for about 2 weeks now.

I'll post a full review once I get a chance to use it for more than five minutes in my living room, but I have to say I'm already impressed.

As a plus size girl, I have a fear of not fitting in soft structured carriers. I have never been a huge fan of SSCs (my size being just one of the reasons I'd rather reach for a woven wrap), but I've discovered during my pregnancy that SSCs are very convenient for toting BabyA who has recently decided that she doesn't want to be wrapped. Up until tonight, we've been using our Ergo Sport. It was one of my first carriers, and it worked very well for babywearing during the summer months last year. Around here, summer doesn't end until after Halloween most years, and both BabyA and I are very sensitive to the heat.

On first inspection, the Soleil is absolutely gorgeous. I was very excited that I received the print that I liked the most (Luca Black). I also received an accessory pack which includes a hood, infant insert, and suck pads.

I had no problems wearing the carrier, even low on my hips (which is kind of a necessary evil when you're 30 weeks pregnant and carrying low). I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it is to fit into a carrier without needing any "extras."

I love the overall fit and comfort level of the carrier, too. BabyA is not the biggest toddler by any means. At last measurement, she was right around 22 pounds and 32 inches. Wearing her can still be a challenge, though, since I have back, hip, and pelvic pain that is only compounded by pregnancy. In fact, I was already in pretty severe pain when we received the carrier.

In the few minutes I wore her, A felt nearly weightless. I have never carried her so comfortably except in my linen blend woven wrap.



I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to use this carrier at MommyCon Los Angeles in just a couple weeks. I'm sure it will be infinitely more comfortable than our Ergo, and prettier, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment